It’s not sexy, but it’s true: hard work matters. Now more than ever.
Yes, that stick-to-it-ness, that guy who goes the extra mile for a prospective customer, or the one who stays late to help a customer in crisis; these are the folks that make a successful company today. If your team lacks this hard charges, you may have a low-grit sales culture.
Face it: selling is harder than it has ever been. You must confront:
- More competitors than ever before
- Competitors from around the globe, as all markets expand
- Fully informed prospective customers
Do you sell to other businesses? If you do, your customers make nearly 60% of their buying decision before they engage with sales teams. You must help educate them early.
Your key differentiator must include a sales and sales-support team that goes the extra mile. The sales team is becoming a more sustainable differentiator than products.
A winning product alone does not win the race
Today, you don’t win by just selling the better mouse trap. You win with a sales team that helps customers to get the most out of that mouse trap (when to use it, where to place it, and what time of day to deploy it).
You can’t employ folks that only care about winning the next sales contest; or, the ones that can only use, heaven forbid, some canned sales scripts with every prospect.
This is the purpose of our blog: to help companies navigate today’s tricky sales environment by building a high sales-grit culture and a high-performing sales team.
We invite you to stop by on a regular basis, or sign-up for our enewsletter.
We warn you our advice ain’t for sissies. We give kick-ass advice. We use science and candor (brutal candor) to help companies get to the next level.
Our blog will cover a full range of sales topics. We’ll help companies decide:
- Which sales process is best for them (one size does not fit all)
- What sales strategy they should deploy, based on their markets
- How to find a winning value proposition
- How to redefine sales leadership for today’s market
- Ways to find and motivate the best sales talent, and
- How to build and sustain a high sales-grit culture
We look forward to helping you build a thriving company.
The Big Swift Team